Faded Echoes is an AU TVD-verse that kicks off after Mid Season 3 with a whole new twist. In the small town of Mystic Falls, go beyond what TVD offers and submerge into Original Plots or Character Driven Plots. FE has more than just the normal Witches, Vampires and Werewolves, but gives you the opportunity to create Shifters or Hybrids as well.
We stray after the Homecoming episode in Season 3 of Vampire Diaries and provide players a place to take the story how THEY want to, using the TVD setting as the foundation to develop as YOU like, encouraging Original Characters OR Canons. Don't know the show? No problem. You just need the setting!
The Original Families, Vampire and Werewolves, are back in town after the Mikaelson family was released by Tatia Petrova, giving us a whole new set up then the show.
|Faded Echoes||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
RaeRae is Offline
In order to become a vampire, a human or witch/warlock must drink a vampire’s blood. If they die with the blood in their stream (typically, the blood is out of the system within 24 hours), then they will be in transition. If during transition they don’t drink human blood, they will die. Once they drink human blood, they complete the transition and become a vampire. Any memories that were compelled away during their human life will return to them gradually throughout the next day. A witch who is turned into a vampire will lose all connection to nature. There are absolutely no vampire/witch hybrids. A human with an inactive werewolf gene (which means they haven’t killed anyone to become a werewolf) will also become a vampire. If a werewolf or wereanimal is given a little bit of vampire/hybrid blood, they will get sick (sometimes gravely ill) and their body will reject the foreign blood. If they’re given a lethal amount of vampire/hybrid blood and die with it in their system, they will come back momentarily, only to reject the change and bleed profoundly from the eyes before dying entirely.
Once they become Vampires entirely, they will notice a change in strength, speed, and endurance. They will be able to compel human beings who aren’t on vervain or wearing it. Vampires CANNOT compel other Hybrids, Vampires, Wereanimals, Werewolves, or Witches/Warlocks. Vampires CAN be compelled by Original Vampires or the Original Hybrid. Most Vampires do not even know about Original Vampires because the stories are so old, so Vampires have no reason to drink vervain. However, if a Vampire is ingesting Vervain (and seriously, they won’t want to. It’s like swallowing acid) they will be able to resist an Original Vampires compulsion. At least, until the Original Vampire bleeds them out and then makes them do what they want.
The sun is their enemy, unless they have a special gem in a piece of jewelry that is charmed by a Witch. Most witches and warlocks do not like to help vampires, so this may take years upon years to get. The gem that is needed is a Lazuli Lapis and the Witch must put a spell over the jewel in order to protect the wearer from the sun. Otherwise, the sun will burn them and eventually turn them into dust. If the sky is cloudy, they’re in luck. However, with the atmosphere/Ozone deteriorating in the modern times, walking in the daylight with clouds without the Lazuli Lapis may still prove to be dangerous.
Blood is essential to their survival. Human blood is the most preferred blood. However, they can survive off of animal blood. It is possible for Vampires to drink the blood of a Wereanimal, Werewolf, or a Witch/Warlock. The blood of a Wereanimal and a Werewolf will taste different to them and may taste less than appealing, especially since that food can fight back and hard. It is unlikely Vampires will drink from the stronger species. Their blood does not make them stronger or weaker, but it is less appetizing. A Witch/Warlock can give Hybrids, Vampires, Wereanimals, and Werewolves aneurysms in their brain that makes it feel like their brain is exploding. So if a Vampire bites into a Witch, be prepared to face the consequences.
If a Vampire does not drink blood for a considerable amount of time, they can become disoriented. They can also become hungry and difficult to talk to. After a few days without blood, a Vampire will become moody and irritable. A week without blood, they will become weaker. As time progresses, they become more animalistic and unreasonable. Their bodies will begin to shut down without blood for a while. This process is called desiccation. It is not death, but death would be a mercy because this process is extremely painful.
Most Vampires do not know about Hybrids (since they’re new and specifically located in Mystic Falls), Wereanimals, or Werewolves. Werewolves are rare and so Hybrids are even rarer. However, a bite from a Hybrid or a Werewolf is lethal to a Vampire. If bitten by either of those two, a Vampire will slowly begin to go crazy. If bitten by a Werewolf, this process can last up to 48-72 hours, depending on the age of a Vampire. They get feverish and gradually begin to lose their sanity. Their organs begin to shut down. They become animalistic and unreasonable. Within the last few hours of their life, they hallucinate. If bitten by a Hybrid, the same thing happens in a much quicker timespan, probably between 12-24 hours. The ONLY cure to being bitten by a Werewolf or Hybrid is the blood of the Original Hybrid. So make sure your Vampire doesn’t piss off a Werewolf or Hybrid. Even in human form, if a Werewolf or Hybrid breaks the skin of a Vampire, this can be lethal to a Vampire.
Regular Vampires CANNOT sense what other people are around them. If they walk into a room full of Werewolves, they will NOT know but the Werewolves will know what they are. The only ways a Vampire can tell what someone may be is to get close enough to smell their blood beneath the skin or by drinking their blood and noticing the difference. Getting close enough means that their nose is literally like an inch above the other person’s skin, invading their space, and sniffing them. Even if they get close enough to a Witch/Warlock to do this, a Witch/Warlock will smell exactly like a human. Witches/Warlocks can touch a Vampire and know they’re a Vampire, so getting that close to them to try to sniff them (which just looks weird btw) will likely expose a Vampire to them.
Vampires cannot procreate. In order to become a Vampire, you must first die. Once they die, they come back as the undead, however the undead cannot give life. Vampires can still eat, drink, and blend in with humans. Alcohol can help to curb the appetite of a Vampire and drugs may do the same. When they drink the blood of someone else, a Vampire can tell if the being has recently consumed alcohol or other drugs because it can leave an aftertaste since it is unclean.
If Vampires suffer a wound, consuming blood will help to heal them faster. Animal blood will help, but Human blood is the best. They will gradually heal over time. The bigger the wound, the longer it takes for them to heal. Wounds will be healed within a few hours. However, if they lose a limb, the limb does not grow back. If the limb is attached before the area of wound has sealed up, it can be reattached.
Powers and Abilities –credit to vampire diaries wikia
•Super Strength - Vampires are noticeably much stronger than average adult humans and slowly grow stronger with time. They always have the advantage of superior strength in direct combat with a human. Even new vampires who are still in transition can toss an average size, fully grown human across a room with great speed and force. Their other feats include single-handedly lifting a grown man high off the ground by the throat and snapping their necks, ripping a person apart, and ripping out internal organs such as hearts. Their strength is also more powerful than that of werewolves that are not in wolf form or amplified by the nearing Full Moon. Their strength allows them to jump higher and further than any natural creature. Vampires who feed on humans are stronger than those who feed on animal blood. A vampire roughly 170 years of age, is seen smashing his hand continuously into a stone wall, causing a large portion to chip off.
• Super Speed - Vampires are much faster than humans and werewolf in human form and can possibly out run a Werewolf in wolf form. They can accelerate their movements to cover short distances in an instant, faster than the human eye can see. When running across long distances, they appear as vibrating blurs of motion. Their reflexes are similarly heightened. Like their strength, their speed increases with age.
• Super Agility - Vampires possess superhuman agility. They have shown that they can move, jump very high, climb, and run incredibly fast without difficulty or exhaustion. Vampires can jump with their super speed too. Vampires that feed on human blood can jump much higher than vampires that feed on animal blood.
• Emotional Control - Vampires have the supernatural power and ability to control and manipulate the emotions of one's self, and others. They can "switch off" their ability to feel emotions - such as fear or guilt - allowing them to kill and feed without remorse and to go up against any opponent without fear. This power also relieves them of depression or sadness.
• Dream Manipulation - Vampires can control dreams and the subconscious, giving them the ability to produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares and lucid dreaming. They are also able to distort reality and trap a human in their dreams.
• Super Senses - Vampires have extremely keen senses of hearing, sight and smell that far exceed those of humans and werewolves (except for smell). They can hear whispered conversations, even ones in far off buildings, smell blood, and see in total darkness.
• Mind Compulsion - Vampires have the ability to influence/control minds, plague people's dreams, and alter/erase human memories. Compulsion only works against Humans though.
• Immortality - A vampire stops aging once turned. Upon their transformation, vampires then on become immune to all conventional illness, disease, virus and infection.
•Healing Factor - Vampires heal extremely quickly, but still feel the pain of a wound before it heals. Vampires can snap their bones back into place after being broken and have been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement. The only injury that cannot be healed on its own is a werewolf bite.
• Super Durability - Vampires can take a great amount of damage without being slowed down. Even vampires who have been shot with wooden bullets have been seen to continue fighting, as long as they were not shot in the heart.
• Fangs - Vampires can grow a pair of fangs, which they use to feed. Their fangs will occasionally come out and extend when they feed, are aroused by the scent of blood, or feeling intensely threatened or angered, especially if they are new vampires who have yet to gain complete control over their bloodlust.
• Lapis Lazuli - Some vampires possess a Lapis Lazuli ring or necklace that enables them to walk in daylight without being harmed.
• Sire Bond - Although rare among them, Sire Bonds can be formed when a human is turned with the blood of the vampire whom they had strong and very intense human feelings for. Again, this is rare, even when there are strong feelings.
Weaknesses –credit to vampire diaries wikia
• Decapitation - Dismembering or removing the head of a vampire will result in permanent death.
• Fire or Sunlight - Prolonged exposure to fire or sunlight will result in permanent death.
• Wood - Wounding a vampire with a wooden weapon will cause the vampire to become severely weak. Stabbing a vampire through the heart with a wooden stake will result in permanent death.
• Vervain - Exposure to or ingestion of vervain causes a vampire to become severely feverish and weak. Also, physical contact with vervain will burn a vampire's skin. Vampires cannot compel anyone who has ingested vervain or has it on their person.
• Heart Extraction - Removing the heart of a vampire will result in permanent death.
• Invitation - Vampires cannot enter a home without an invitation by the owner. Once given an invitation, unless the deed of the home goes into someone else’s ownership, the Vampire can enter when they please. In order to enter a Human, Wereanimal, Werewolf or Witches/Warlock's home, they must be invited.
• Magic - Vampires are susceptible to the powers of witchcraft - including the creation of harmful magical objects.
• Desiccation - Vampires who abstain from blood for extended amounts of time will eventually desiccate and mummify.
• Vampire Bloodline - If an Original vampire dies, all vampires descended from their bloodline will slowly perish. This fact is not known yet.
• Werewolf/Hybrid Bite - The bite of a Werewolf/Hybrid and the poison is extremely lethal to vampires. It will cause them to hallucinate, grow severely weak and go rabid until it kills them. Klaus' hybrid blood can cure the bite.
• Broken Neck - Breaking a vampire's neck will not kill it, but it will render it unconscious for a few minutes to an hour.
• White Oak Ash Dagger - It is said that if a vampire daggers an Original Vampire, they will die.