Faded Echoes is an AU TVD-verse that kicks off after Mid Season 3 with a whole new twist. In the small town of Mystic Falls, go beyond what TVD offers and submerge into Original Plots or Character Driven Plots. FE has more than just the normal Witches, Vampires and Werewolves, but gives you the opportunity to create Shifters or Hybrids as well.
We stray after the Homecoming episode in Season 3 of Vampire Diaries and provide players a place to take the story how THEY want to, using the TVD setting as the foundation to develop as YOU like, encouraging Original Characters OR Canons. Don't know the show? No problem. You just need the setting!
The Original Families, Vampire and Werewolves, are back in town after the Mikaelson family was released by Tatia Petrova, giving us a whole new set up then the show.
|Faded Echoes||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
RaeRae is Online
The process of creating a Hybrid must first begin with a Werewolf. Seeing as Werewolves were already kind of rare to begin with, Hybrids are even rarer. In order to become a Hybrid, a Werewolf must drink the blood of the Original Hybrid and have their neck snapped. When they wake up, they are in transition, much like a Human with Vampire blood. If they do not receive special blood from Klaus (the blood of the doppelganger) then the Werewolves will bleed through the eyes and gradually die within 24 hours.
After they complete the transition, a Hybrid is sired to Klaus. All Hybrids are sired to Klaus without exception, unless canon (Tyler Lockwood) or unless it is plotted out according to our Hybrid plot. Unless it is discovered on board somehow, given that Tyler didn't even know about the sirebond until it was pointed out to him (and even then he was in denial about it), please keep in mind your hybrid might not even know about the sirebond.
A sirebond develops because as a Werewolf, the transformation is a curse and devastatingly painful. It is the internal gratitude that a Hybrid feels in order to not shift on the Full Moon anymore that creates the sirebond to Klaus. A sirebond means that they will do whatever Klaus asks, they live to make Klaus happy. Although if it is not directly spoken to them by Klaus, they’re generally free. If given an order by Klaus, they follow it without question, even if it means harming a loved one.
A Hybrid is the combined species of Werewolf and Vampire, which means they have both their strengths and their weaknesses. A Hybrid doesn’t have to shift on the Full Moon. Hybrids do not shift into their wolf forms because it is still very, very painful. Vervain and Wolfsbane are plants that will severely harm Hybrids. If they feed from someone who ingests either of those plants, it will be a lot like swallowing acid and harm them greatly. The sun doesn’t bother Hybrids, they can walk in sunlight without the need of Lazuli Lapis.
Hybrids can compel Humans just as Vampires can. If a Human is drinking Wolfsbane or Vervain, or wearing/carrying either of those two of their person, a Hybrid cannot compel them. Hybrids had enhanced strength and speed. They’re stronger and faster than all other species, except for Original Werewolves, Original Vampires, and Vampires over 600+. At such a young age (since Hybrids haven’t been Hybrids for longer than 5 years) theirs strengths rival that of an older Vampire. The older Hybrids get, the more their strengths will increase so they will soon rival that of older vampires also.
Blood is essential to their survival. Human blood is the most preferred blood. However, they can survive off of animal blood. It is possible for Hybrids to drink the blood of a Wereanimal, Werewolf, or a Witch/Warlock. The blood of a Wereanimal and a Werewolf will taste different to them and may taste less than appealing, especially since that food can fight back and hard. It is unlikely Hybrids will drink from the stronger species. Their blood does not make them stronger or weaker, but it is less appetizing. A Witch/Warlock can give Hybrids, Vampires, Wereanimals, and Werewolves aneurysms in their brain that makes it feel like their brain is exploding. So if a Hybrid bites into a Witch, be prepared to face the consequences.
If a Hybrid does not drink blood for a considerable amount of time, they can become disoriented. They can also become hungry and difficult to talk to. After a few days without blood, a Hybrid will become moody and irritable. A week without blood, they will become weaker. As time progresses, they become more animalistic and unreasonable. Their bodies will begin to shut down without blood for a while. This process is called desiccation. It is not death, but death would be a mercy because this process is extremely painful.
Hybrids cannot procreate. In order to become a Hybrid, you must first die as a Werewolf with the blood of the Original Hybrid in your system. Once they die, they come back as the undead, however the undead cannot give life. Hybrids can still eat, drink, and blend in with humans. Alcohol can help to curb the appetite of a Hybrid and drugs may do the same. When they drink the blood of someone else, a Hybrid can tell if the being has recently consumed alcohol or other drugs because it can leave an aftertaste since it is unclean.
If Hybrids suffer a wound, consuming blood will help to heal them faster. Animal blood will help, but Human blood is the best. They will gradually heal over time. The bigger the wound, the longer it takes for them to heal. Wounds will be healed within an hour. However, if they lose a limb, the limb does not grow back. If the limb is attached before the area of wound has sealed up, it can be reattached.
A bite from a Hybrid to a Vampire is lethal. All Hybrids know this. All they have to do is break the skin of a Vampire in order to kill a Vampire. Within 12-24 hours, the Vampire will die unless they are given the blood of the Original Hybrid, Klaus. If a Hybrid bites an Original Vampire, it will not kill an Original Vampire, but it will make them sick for 24 hours. They can become feverish, disoriented, and hallucinate, but like a 24 hour bug, the Original Vampires will get better. If bitten by a Hybrid, this process can last up to 12-24 hours, depending on the age of a Vampire. They get feverish and gradually begin to lose their sanity. Their organs begin to shut down. They become animalistic and unreasonable. Within the last few hours of their life, they hallucinate.
Hybrids, like Werewolves which they ascended from, can sense what other supernatural species are around them. They can tell if someone is another Hybrid, a Vampire, Wereanimal or a Werewolf. Witches/Warlocks smell like regular humans, however, so they CANNOT detect Witches/Warlocks. Hybrids become stunted physically at the age they were turned from Werewolves to Hybrids.
Powers & Abilities/Strengths – credit to Vampire Diaries wikia
Hybrids have the powers and abilities of both werewolves and vampires, both physically enhanced powers and abilities and forms of mind compulsion. These powers and abilities grow stronger with age, blood, during a full moon, or by transforming into their werewolf forms;
• Super Strength - Hybrids are stronger than werewolves, most vampires, and humans. Because of their vampire and werewolf heritage, their abilities get stronger with age. Their werewolf forms boosts their power. Older vampires may be stronger and more challenging for many newborn non-original hybrids. However, if a non-original hybrid fights a vampire closer to their age range, the non-hybrid will likely lose.
• Super Speed - Hybrid's intensified quickness, agility, reflexes, and endurance makes them faster than any werewolf, most vampires, and humans. Hybrids can use this ability in human or wolf form. As with strength, this attribute increases as they get older upon being sired.
• Super Agility - Hybrids possess superhuman agility. They can move, jump, climb, and run incredibly fast without difficulty or exhaustion.
• Heightened Senses - Hybrids have extremely keen senses of hearing, sight and smell that far exceed those of non-original vampires, werewolves, and humans.
• Super Durability - Hybrids can bear a lot of trauma and hardly ever get tired or fatigued.
• Enhanced Healing Factor - Hybrids have the combined healing capabilities of both non-original vampires and werewolves, rendering them practically invincible to anything but fatal wounds like decapitation or heart-extraction.
• Mind Compulsion - A Hybrid can compel the minds of humans and only humans. They cannot compel anyone on vervain or wolfsbane though. Klaus and Original Vampires can compel vampires, hybrids and humans. Much like vampires, their blood can heal injuries of humans. Ingested by wereanimals or werewolves will result in illness, possibly death.
• Immortality - Like vampires a hybrid stops aging the moment they transition.
• Dream Manipulation - Hybrids can control dreams and subconscious like vampires. The hybrids can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming. Other effects of this ability are the distortion of reality and trapped in the dreams.
• Lie Detection - Due to their Werewolf heritage, hybrids are able to tell when someone is lying to them.
• Emotional Control - Due to their vampire heritage, hybrids are able to exert certain control over their own emotions, e.g. They can turn off their humanity.
• Shapeshifting - Hybrids have the ability to turn into werewolves, however, it takes as long as it took for them to change when they were stunted as a Werewolf, getting shorter and shorter after so many shifts.
• Transformation Control - Hybrids have the ability to transform at will. Most of them avoid transforming at all due to the pain it causes. They still, however, have no control of their actions as werewolves when transformed. This is most likely since a transforming hybrid would cause even more damage than a transforming werewolf if the transformation was involuntary. They can also perform partial transformations, manifesting single features of their werewolf forms. It can be assumed that hybrids have complete awareness of their actions, even in there werewolf forms, but they still have no control of their actions, in their werewolf forms.
• Lycanthrope Enhancement - Hybrids are capable of using their werewolf features to further supplement their powers and abilities.
• Claws - Hybrids can grow claws from their nails, even well they are still in their human forms, it is unknown how sharp a non-original hybrid claws are, when Klaus was still in Tyler's body, it was shown that a hybrid's claws are sharp enough to penetrate a hybrid's very durable skin, and is able to rip another hybrid's heart out.
• Werewolf Bite - Due to their werewolf heritage, a hybrid has a bite which is fatal to vampires. Hybrid bites takes effect quicker than a werewolf bites.
• Daytime Walking - Due to their werewolf heritage hybrids are capable of walking around in the day without the use of a day walking ring.
• Fangs and Werewolf Eyes - Hybrids have two sets of fangs and their eyes are yellow.
• Full Moon - Due to their werewolf heritage, a Hybrid's powers and abilities are at their peak during a full moon.
Weaknesses –credit to vampire diaries wikia
• Decapitation - The act of dismembering or removing the head of a hybrid will result in death.
• Heart Extraction - The act of removing a hybrid's heart will result in death.
• Vervain - Hybrids are affected by vervain like their vampire counterparts. They can't compel anyone on vervain.
• Wolfsbane - Hybrids are affected by wolfsbane like werewolves. They can’t compel anyone with wolfsbane on them.
•Uninvited Invitation - Due to their vampire heritage, hybrids are unable to enter a home without an invitation.
• Magic - Witches are able to give supernatural aneurysms that cause the blood vessels of hybrids to explode, it can also kill them as well if done long enough.
• Mind Compulsion - Because of their vampire side, hybrids can be compelled by Original Vampires.
• Desiccation - Because of their vampire side, hybrids can desiccate without blood.
• Broken Neck - Hybrids can get their neck broken but won’t die but be unconscious for a few minutes to an hour.